|Area:||Inventory and Planning|
|Sponsor:||Manning Diversified Forest|
The primary purpose of this Project was to develop an updated and consolidated GIS Land Use Layer for Forest Management Unit P16 in northwest Alberta.
Work activities associated with this Project covered 38 townships with FMU 16 and took place over the period June 2005 to May 2006 inclusive.
Project results are summarized in a brief four page report entitled "Final Technical Report for the Development of a Historical Digital GIS Land Use Layer for Former Management Unit P6 (now P16), prepared by Steve Blanton of Manning Diversified Forest Products Ltd.(MDFP), and dated May 12, 2006.
The following deliverables covering the 38 townships are available at MDFP’s headquarters in Manning, Alberta.
* ARC/INFO export format files.
* All files Projected to NAD 83, Zone 11.
* Spatial land use data tiled by township in ARC/INFO library format.
* Spatial data joined to attriibute data from government "land standing data" (LSAS).
* Labelling capability through ARC/INFO annotation, and ARCVIEW.
* Final land use data set on CD – ROM for Management P16.
Forest Management Unit P16
Updated Land Use Layer