|Area:||Inventory and Planning|
|Sponsor:||Little Red River Forestry Ltd.|
The primary objectives for this Project were three-fold – updating the AVI in Forest Management Unit F23 in areas where significant disturbances had occurred since 1995; recalculating sustainable harvest levels for FMU F23; and providing additional analyses in support of the "Timber Supply Analysis", i.e. Watershed Analysis and Piece Size Forecasts.
The acquisition of aerial photos, field work, photo interpretation, timber supply analysis, etc. was completed over the period February 2004 to March 2005 inclusive.
Final Project results are summarized in the following reports –
* Summary Report – Alberta Vegetation Inventory Update of Forest Management Unit 23, prepared by John Cosco of Timberline Forest Inventory Consultants Ltd.;
* Forest Management Unit F23 – Landbase Determination Process Technical Report, prepared by Timberline Forest Inventory Consultants Ltd., and dated November 2004;
* Forest Management Unit F23 – Timber Supply Analysis, prepared by Timberline, and dated November 2004;
* Hydrologic Effects of Forest Harvesting for FMU F23, prepared by Brendan Brabender of the University of Alberta, and dated January 2005; and
* Forest Management Unit F23 Piece Size Model Development and Sensitivity Analysis, prepared by Timberline, and dated March 2005.
Alberta Vegetation Inventory Update
Timber Supply Analysis
Piece Size Forescasts
Forest Management Unit F23
Little Red River Forestry