|Sponsor:||Millar Western Forest Products|
Object & Deliverables
The objective of the project was to develop tools that can be used for determining site index for trembling aspen, white spruce and lodgepole pine in Alberta, based on environmental factors, ecosite classification, site index conversion between species, and growth intercept models.
End products to include:
- equations for site index estimation for implementation in growth models;
- revised version of the Mixedwood Growth Model which includes these models for site index determination;
- a detailed report on results from the project;
- data for further analysis;
- two draft manuscripts ready for submission to peer reviewed journals.
The final report was presented by Phil Comeau of the University of Alberta June 30, 2019