|Area:||Inventory and Planning|
|Sponsor:||Canadian Forest Products|
Object & Deliverables
The primary objective of this Project was to utilize a range of supplementary data including volume sampling, regeneration, juvenile stand and additional ecological data, along with ecosite phase mapping to provide a framework to review and evaluate the existing yield groups in a rigorous ecological context.
Specific objectives included developing a single, functional data set, confirming of underlying model assumptions, validating yield groups, developing direct linkages between site specific conditions, developing a field guide and ecological sensitivity models, and providing recommendations for monitoring of important indicators.
Field work, data collection & analysis, computer modelling and report writing associated with this Project was carried over the period of September 2000 to September 2003.
Study results are contained in four separate major reports and a suggested ” Ecologically Based Silviculture Decision Support System” – as follows:
* Report No. 1. The Development of Ecologically Based Succession Growth & Yield Strata,
* Report No. 2. The Evaluation of Ecologically Based Succession Growth & Yield Strata Using Timber Supply Analysis,
* Report No. 3. Landscape Sensitivity Reports and Maps,
* Report No. 4. Ecologically Based Silviculture Decision Support System for the Hines Creek Area; and
* Appendix A. Ecologically Based Silviculture Decision Support System for the Hines Creek Area: A First Approximation.
Hines Creek Area of Northwestern Alberta
Silviculture Decision Support System
Timber Supply Analysis Evaluation
Existing Yield Groups