|Sponsor:||Tolko Industries Ltd.|
Object & Deliverables
The study examined the use of pulsed aerial spray treatments to create a mixedwood mosaic of spruce and vertically structured aspen/spruce patches.
Data were collected for this project in answer to the following questions:
- What is the overall effect of patch treatments on coverage of the blocks by spruce and aspen-dominated areas?
- How is spruce performing in the treated and the untreated portions of the blocks, and in completely untreated blocks.
- How does patch size influence performance of the spruce within treated areas?
- Is spruce growth in the untreated ground influenced by the treated bands?
- When using glyphosate herbicide , is there any effect of the width of untreated patches and bands in the vigour of the residual aspen?
The Final report was submitted by a team led by Dr. Phil Comeau , December 30, 2013