|Sponsor:||Weyerhaeuser Company Limited|
Object & Deliverables
The objectives of the 2009 survey (fourth iteration) included:
- Conduct songbird surveys in Weyerhaeuser’s Edson FMA during the summer of 2009 using early morning point counts at sites surveyed in 2000,2003, and 2006.
- Conduct wetland bird surveys during afternoons using stations established in 2006.
- Compare results from 2009 with data from 2000, 2003 and 2006.
- Document nesting structures (stick nests, cavity nests and others).
- Document other wildlife observed during surveys.
The final report was prepared by STRIX Environmental Consulting, November 2009. Overall 115 species of birds were detected in 2009. Lower than the 129 in 2003, and 154 in 2000, but higher than the 113 in 2006.