|Area:||Inventory and Planning|
|Sponsor:||Canadian Forest Products|
Object & Deliverables
The primary goal for this Project was to provide ecological land classification for the Deep Basin, Puskwaskeu, and Silver Valley areas in the greater Grande Prairie Region.
Objectives included describing & mapping natural sub-regions/ecodistricts/ecosections, enhancing existing Field Guides, assessing forest productivity, analyzing plant biodiversity & succession, and evaluating habitat suitability.
The work on this Project was carried out over the period 1997 to 2001 inclusive. The results achieved are contained in seven individual reports:
1. Ecosection and Ecosite Evaluation and Mapping – 2001,
2. Refinement of the Northern and West-Central Alberta Ecosite Classification Field Guides – 2001,
3. Forest Productivity Evaluation – 2001,
4. Plant Resource Evaluation – 2001,
5. Forest Succession, Analysis and Modeling – 2001,
6. Wildlife Habitat Evaluation – 2001; and
7. Literature Review and Sub-sampling Methodology for Soils – 1999.
Ecological Land Classification
Greater Grande Prairie Region